Here is where you can get results from competitions and tips on how to prepare your hair and what you'll need for the day.
Although a club tracksuit isn't compulsory, if you would like to show your support of the club on poolside, below is the size guide for the tracksuits.
Here is a list from our Competition secretary on what you will need for competitions, whether you are taking part in figure of routines you will need most of what is
on the list.
- Plain black swimming costume
- White hat
- Nose clips
- ASA registration card
- Plenty to drink
- Poolside shoes
- Black and gold club t-shirt
- Black leggings
- Routine costume
- Pastry brush / paint brush
- Bun net
- Hair pins
- Hair tie
- Hair brush
- Old towel
Pastry brush / paint brush
How to gelatine hair for synchro:
- Tip 3/4 sachets of gelatine into your bowl, then pour on half a cup of boiling water and stir with the fork until dissolved. Ideally the gelatine should be just thin
enough to run off the fork, if needed keep adding water to thin.
- While the gelatine is cooling, pull your hair into a high and tight ponytail
- Twist your hair into a tight bun and pin to keep it secure. You’re aiming to have the bottom of the bun in line with the top of your ears
- Place the bun net over the bun and pin to secure
- Pin down any stray bits of hair that are too short to tie up
- The gelatine should now be cool enough to start applying, suggest at this stage you cover your shoulder with an old towel to catch any drips
- With the pastry brush, or hair dye brush, apply the gelatine sparingly over your head, don’t forget the bun!
- Finally, to make sure there is no chance of your hair falling out, two coats is always a good idea.
Here is a video of how to gelatine your hair with added tips as well.